CAT: A small domesticated carnivorous mammal with soft fur, a short snout, and retractable claws. It is widely kept as a pet or for catching mice, and many breeds have been developed.
WHY DID GOD CREATE A CAT? I honestly have no idea! Perhaps to be a companion…but they never do what they’re told. Perhaps to give you love…when they feel like it. Perhaps to catch critters…they’re pretty good at that. Maybe that’s it!
WHY GET A CAT
Hmm. Cats can be very independent. If they don’t want to be held or petted, they won’t allow you to hold or pet them. They can also be very loving, if they were handled a lot as kittens. They can’t really be taught a lot of tricks, although, you can train them to use a toilet! Black cats are bad luck (if you happen to be superstitious). But cats really do make nice house pets.
A LITTLE ABOUT CATS
If you want to have more than one house cat, it’s best to get one that is the opposite sex as the one you already have; They get along better. They’re very finicky. They prefer to have their food at room temperature. If a cat’s eyes are closed, that doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re sleeping. It could just be a sign that they’re happy. They actually have dreams, although, I have no idea how someone was able to determine that!
MORE ABOUT CATS
Cats cannot see anything that is directly under their noses. Again, I don’t know how they know that. They have the largest eyes of all mammals. Apparently, they can’t taste anything sweet. Now how would anyone know that? It is a misconception that they always land on their feet. They have organs in their ears that help them stay balanced, so I’m assuming that means that they will very often land on their feet. Their tongues are rough in order to clean themselves. They have glands on their faces, tails, and paws that release a scent. That’s how they mark their territory.
DID YOU KNOW…?
- Female cats are known as a ‘queen’ or a ‘molly’
- Most cats don’t have eyelashes
- A cat’s nose is like a human’s finger print – no two are alike
- Cats communicate with each other by purring or hissing – they meow to communicate to humans
- A litter of kittens can have more than one father
- In Australia and the UK, black cats are good luck
- Cats greet each other by rubbing their noses together – dogs could learn a thing or two from cats!
- Cats will starve themselves before eating something they don’t like
- Cats won’t go through an opening if their whiskers touch the sides – they could get stuck
- Cats can actually become addicted to tuna! I wonder what quitting cold turkey would be like for a cat?
TO BE CONTINUED…
Please feel free to leave a comment, suggestion, or (constructive) criticism. Sign up for our newsletter (above), and hop on over and ‘Like’ my Facebook page!